Learning Center Goals
- To provide a pleasant, professional, friendly learning environment where students, faculty, and staff feel welcome and receive assistance.
- To provide tutorial services for students referred by professors.
- To be accessible to all Kent State students.
- To provide support services that lead to academic success and the attainment of individual goals.
- To create an educational environment that provides learning opportunities for all learning styles and respects the uniqueness of each individual learner.
- To provide teaching strategies, alternative methods of learning, and appropriate reading and study skills to meet the needs of a diverse learning population.
- To encourage students to take responsibility for learning.
- To challenge students to see beyond the classroom and apply their learning to a global society.