Pay to Print
Pay to Print at Kent State Trumbull Beginning September 3, 2007, the university will charge for printing. Laser printing at Kent State Trumbull will utilize the university FLASHcard. This system, called "Pharos", is available in computer labs throughout the campus.
What do you need in order to use Pharos?
- Money in your FLASHcard account.
- You can use a credit card to add money to your FLASHcard online at www.kent.edu/flashcard
- You can add money to your FLASHcard at Student Services located in the Workforce Development Building.
How do you use Pharos?
- You print your document from a workstation and supply your username name and password.
- Your document is held for one hour in the Pharos system.
- You then go to a print station nearby and swipe your FLASHcard and select your document.
- Click the "Print" button on the screen.
- Supply your password.
- Your documents will immediately be printed on the nearby printer.
- You receive a standard 8.5 x 11" black and white laser print for 7 cents/page.
- The charge is then deducted from your FLASHcard account.
Black & White laser printing is available from computers in computer labs 125, 127 Library and Learning Center in the Classroom Administration Building; as well as computer labs T-216, T-252, T-258 in the Technology Building. Cost: 7 cents per 8 1/2" x 11" sheet.
How do you obtain a FLASHcard?
- Kent State University students, faculty and staff receive a FLASHcard as their University ID. If you do not yet have a FLASHcard you can still obtain one by going to Student Services to have your photo taken and FLASHcard processed.
- Students who have lost their cards need to visit Student Services to obtain a new FLASHcard.
Lost FLASHcards Should you lose your FLASHcard, contact the Office of Student Services immediately. Your card will need to be deactivated and a new card will be issued. There is a $10 replacement fee to have a new card issued.