Trumbull News Detail
Getting to know The Learning CenterPosted Apr. 22, 2011
The Learning Center is located on the second floor of the Classroom/Administration Building, across from the Administrative Offices.
The purpose of the Learning Center is to help students succeed in the classroom through a variety of services including:
- Help with understanding course assignments and completing course projects.
- Online tutoring through the Online Writing Lab.
- ASL Resource Room.
- Computer and internet access.
- Resource library and quiet study areas.
- Make-up tests (Wednesdays, 5 p.m.; Thursdays, 1 p.m. & Saturdays, 10 a.m.)
In addition, the Learning Center offers peer tutoring which provides for both individual and group instruction in many areas, including, but not limited to:
- Computer Technology
- English/Technical Writing
- Foreign Languages
- Reading and studying strategies
Students are invited to visit the Learning Center in person, phone or visit them on the web (http://www.trumbull.kent.edu/student/resources/tutoring/index.cfm) to determine availability of tutors specific to their needs. No appointment is necessary to receive academic assistance and all services are provided free of charge to Kent State Trumbull students.
For additional information regarding the Learning Center, call 330-675-8868.