Trumbull News Detail
Wi-Fi to fill the air at Kent State Trumbull this fallPosted Aug. 25, 2011
When students arrive on the campus of Kent State University at Trumbull this fall, it will be to a university that has gone completely wireless!
No longer will students be limited to powering up their laptops and tablets within the confines of a few areas here or there. Instead, students will be able to enjoy wireless internet access in every classroom, hallway, nook and cranny of each building on campus.
How will you do it? Learn how right here.
1. Click on the wireless icon at the lower right. Select "FlashZone" and click "Connect".
2. After establishing connection, open your web browser. When the page loads, click "Download Windows Installer".
3. When prompted, select "Save".
4. Save the installer to your desktop. Make sure you selected "Desktop" on the left. Click "Save".
5. After saving, navigate to your desktop and double click the "FlashZone WPA" setup utility.
6. When the utility loads, enter your FlashLine username and password. Click "continue."
Note: You must change your FlashLine password from the default before proceeding if you haven't already done so.
7. Below is the screen you will see during the configuration process.
8. After successful configuration, you will see your IP address. Select "Done" to close the configuration utility. Your default web browser will also open to www.kent.edu, verifying connectivity.
Technical assistance is just a click away, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, even holidays.
· Visit support.kent.edu
· Call 330-672-HELP (4357)