Trumbull News Detail
Kent Brass Quintet to perform March 4Posted Feb. 7, 2014
The Kent Brass Quintet is a faculty ensemble-in-residence at the Hugh A. Glauser School of Music at Kent State University. The group performs both transcriptions and original music from a broad variety of styles and periods ranging from the Renaissance to jazz and new compositions, and will be performing in the Student Union on Tues, March 4 at 7:30 p.m.
The evening's program will be selected from the following pieces:
- Suite from the Monteregian Hills , Morely Calvert
- Contrapunctus IX, J.S. Bach
- Fire Dance, Anthony DiLorenzo
- Rondeau, Jean Joseph Mouret
- Desperavi, Michael East
- Four Outings for Brass, Andre Previn
- Selections from West Side Story, Leonard Bernstein
- A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square, Maschwitz/Sherwin
The event is free and open to the public. For more information, contact Eve McPherson at 330-675-8991.