Trumbull News Detail
Drama free! Local high school students can earn scholarship awardPosted Feb. 5, 2014
Kent Trumbull Theatre and Summer Stock '14 have announced a scholarship program for theatre technicians. Offered will be summer internships/scholarships for area high school students, with preference given to those who are interested in technical theatre. All high school students in the Kent State Trumbull area are eligible, in addition to recent graduates.
All applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
Please note the following information/stipulations of the scholarship:
- A payment of $500 will be issued to each student who successfully completes the program. Failure to complete the program will result in forfeiting the scholarship funds.
- Only 2-4 students will be offered scholarships. Other students will be welcome to participate on a volunteer basis.
- Students will be instructed and participate in set design and construction, properties, scenic art, costuming, lighting, sound technologies etc. as well as office management, marketing and performing other duties as assigned.
- Each student will be required to work either 15 hours/week for eight weeks during the summer (June 1-Aug 1, 2014) or a total of 120 hours from May 1-Aug 1, 2014. The specific hours will be determined by the student and the technical theatre director. It is conceivable that students can handle a part time job in addition to a Summer Stock '14 Internship. However, work hours will take place between 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- In addition, each student must crew at least one Summer Stock show during the course of the summer. (These hours will not be included in the above totals).
- Interested students should fill out an application form NO LATER THAN APRIL 1, 2014. Applications are available by calling 330-675-8887.
Students will be required to complete a short interview before being granted a scholarship. For further information, please call 330-675-8887.