Summer Aid Information/Request Form
Are you planning on taking summer classes at Kent State University?
Effective July 31, 2013 this Online application will no longer be available for applying for Summer 2013 financial aid.
SUMMER 2013 FINANCIAL AID REQUIREMENTS
- Using grants, scholarships, loans, or work study during the summer may decrease your fall/spring aid.
- Processing of the Summer Aid Request begins in the month of April.
- Please check your Financial Aid Status within FlashLine for the status of your Summer Aid Request.
To apply for summer financial aid you must:
- You must have completed the 2013-2014 FAFSA.
- Complete the Summer Aid Request Form.
- Be enrolled in summer courses.
Before summer financial aid can be processed and disbursed:
- You must be in compliance with the Academic Progress Policy.
- If selected for Verification, all requested document must be submitted and processed.
- Enrolled in six credit hours for use of loans (4 hours for graduate students).
- Withdrawal of hours after financial aid has been disbursed may result in a reduction of financial aid.
- If repeating a course, review new regulation regarding financial aid. View repeating coursework page.
- If you indicate that you will graduate in August or December, your Federal Direct Loan will be prorated based on your enrolled credit hours, view Proration page.
Summer Enrollment Requirements
|Type of Aid
||Minimum Credit Hour Requirement
| Federal Pell Grant
|Federal TEACH Grant||1||1|
|Federal Direct Loan||6||4|
|Federal Parent PLUS Loan||6||Not Eligible|
|Federal Graduate PLUS Loan||Not Eligible||4|
|Federal Work Study*||6||6|
|Ohio College Opportunity Grant||1||Not Eligible|
|Pennsylvania State Grant||6||Not Eligible|
*Enrollment not required during summer
**May vary depending on scholarship
Disbursement of Summer Aid:
Financial aid for summer will be disbursed on June 1, 2013 for intersession, session 1, and session 2. If you are enrolled in session 3 only, financial aid will disburse on July 5, 2013. At the time of disbursement, you must meet all enrollment and compliance requirements for all summer aid you have been awarded.