New Student FAQ
- I have been assigned a research paper. How do I find out if the library has books on the topic?
- What do I need to do to check the books out?
- How do I renew my books?
- Do I have to pay a fine if my books are overdue?
- How do I pay my fines?
- How do I find journal articles on the topic?
- How do I find out if the library subscribes to a certain journal?
- What is in the library besides books and journals?
- I have to watch a video for my class—can I do this in the library?
- My instructor has left material for our class to read in the library. Where can I find that?
- What are the library hours?
- Can the Library put money on my Flashcard?
By searching the KentLINK library catalog at http://kentlink.kent.edu.
KentLINK is the library catalog for all 8 campuses of the University. It identifies what books, journals, government publications, and media (computer files, films, CDs, etc.) are owned and indicates their availability.
Type the topic in the search box and select the Submit button.
If you need a book that is at another campus, you can request it to be delivered to your campus. You will be notified by email when it arrives, usually in 2 - 3 business days. If you do not find a book in KentLINK, you can also search OhioLINK, which is the catalog for over 80 college and university libraries in Ohio.
In order to check an item out from the library you will need a Kent ID card, license, or state issued photo ID. No other forms of identification can be accepted.
There are several ways to renew your books:
- Go to http://kentlink.kent.edu.
- Click on My Library Account near the top right hand side of the screen.
- Type in your FlashLine User Id and Password to log in
- Click on the link that says the number of Items Currently Checked Out.
- Now you can check mark the items you want to renew and click the Renew button located near the top of the window.
IN PERSON AT THE LIBRARY
You can either bring the book in, or if you don't have it with you, just ask the clerk at the desk to bring up your account and renew your items for you.
OVER THE PHONE
You will need to verify your name and address before we can renew it for you.
Fines do accrue if you have overdue items:.
- OhioLINK books have a 50¢ fee for every day late.
- Items such as CDs and DVDs are 50¢ for every day late.
- Periodicals, Interlibrary Loan books, and OhioLINK non-book items are $1 for each day late.
- OhioLINK books that are 30 days late or more will have an additional $50 charge added to the daily late fees.
· Fines can now be paid with a Flashcard, cash, check or donate "Food-for-fines" for Trumbull items.
There several ways to pay your fines:
IN PERSON: At the KSU Trumbull Library we accept cash, money order, or personal check.
ONLINE: Click on My Library Account near the top right hand side of the screen.
Type in your FlashLine User ID and Password to log in.
You can use a credit card or bank card with either the Visa or Mastercard logo on it.
OTHER KENT CAMPUSES: Other Kent Libraries accept cash, and may also accept money order, personal check or Flash Cash.
Instructions on finding journal articles in databases are here. If you need help, you can consult with a reference librarian by calling 330-675-8865 or coming to the library.
Do a Title search in KentLINK by the name of the journal (not by the article title) to find out if Kent State owns the journal you need and has the specific volume you require.
Computers with Internet Explorer and MS Office: Word Excel PowerPoint and Access
Private study rooms
Popular videos and DVDs
Tables, chairs, couches
Video phone for the hearing impaired
Accommodations workstation for the visually impaired,
Grant Information Center with online access to the Foundation’s Directories as well as resources in print.] Information on scholarship and financial aid is available.
WiFi wireless Internet
Yes you may! The Library has a video viewing/microfilm room. It is equipped with two televisions that are capable of watching both DVD and VHS.
This is called putting an item on Reserve. You can go to the Circulation Desk and ask for the item put on Reserve by the professor. Please be prepared to give the professor's name, as this is how the material is shelved. You will also need a Kent ID, drivers license, or state issued photo ID card in order to check out the item.
They are available on the library's web site at http://www.trumbull.kent.edu/academics/library/hours.cfm
Yes, the Library can put money on Flashcards. Here are the ways to put money on your Flashcard:
1. Come to the library circulation desk at the Kent State at Trumbull Library
2. Go to Student Services in the Workforce Building
3. Visit: www.kent.edu/flashcard