Information for Students
Students … learn more about Excite to Write
Excite to Write exists to recognize the excellent work produced by student writers before they enter college, because good writing skills matter and should be rewarded. The program also looks to strengthen Kent State Trumbull’s connection with local high school students, which make up most of its student body.
Who will read your essay?
All works submitted will be read by Kent State Trumbull English faculty and tutors and judged separately by grade (junior, senior, and Honors students). The review process is blind, meaning that reviewers are not aware of each paper’s author.
When your essay is selected for Excite to Write, you will:
- Be recognized as an important part of a community of writers.
- Be published on the Excite to Write website.
- Be eligible to win prizes.
- Step 1: Select a recently completed writing assignment from one of your English courses. This can be an essay, research paper, multimodal project, or even a creative writing piece.
- Step 2: Send your submission as an email attachment - in either Word or PDF formats - to firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com. In the body of the email, please provide the following information:
- Phone number
- Email address
- High school & grade
- Instructor's name
- Title of submission
- Description of assignment
By submitting your work, you are giving the Excite to Write editorial board to publish your work online at www.trumbull.kent.edu if it is selected.