Associate of Applied Science - Legal Assisting Technology
Kent State University at Trumbull's Associate of Applied Science Degree in Legal Assisting Technology combines legal assisting courses with general studies and electives to give you rapid entry into the legal world. The associate degree is granted after the successful completion of 68 semester hours of coursework. By concentrating the majority of your studies in technical and related coursework, you are prepared in a short time to enter the work world. An advisor can help you decide the preferred order of completion of the required courses and for those students pursuing a bachelor's degree, the possible substitution of courses.
Why Study Legal Assisting Technology?
- Legal Assisting (Paralegal Studies) is one of the fastest growing careers nationwide.
- If you like to analyze and solve problems, legal assisting technology may be the career for you.
- Legal Assistants work with lawyers in all area of law and law-related practice and can perform most of the same tasks under the supervision of an attorney.
- Graduates are prepared for rapid entry into the paralegal profession.
Why Choose Kent State University at Trumbull?
- Our program includes an internship to develop workplace skills and gain valuable experience.
- Flexible scheduling options, friendly advising and affordable tuition.
- You may attend classes at more than one campus at one time and take advantage of evening, weekend and distance learning classes.