Test Taking Policies
- You must make an appointment with the SDS office at least two days prior to the exam.
- You must read the statement on the Test Proctoring Form regarding cheating and sign the agreement.
- You must leave all notes, book bags, purses, coats, etc. at the designated place in the office. You are only permitted to bring items into the exam room which have been designated by your instructor (calculator, etc.).
- Once you begin the exam, you will NOT be permitted to leave the SDS Office. If you anticipate needing to use the restroom during your exam, you must do so prior to beginning your exam.
- You should schedule your exam to allow adequate time for completion during the SDS office hours.
- If you are authorized to use a test proctor for reading questions to you, the proctor MUST read the question as it is written. This means that the proctor cannot paraphrase the question or explain the question to you.
- If you are authorized to use a scribe to write/type essays for you, the scribe can only write what you EXACTLY dictate to her/him. They are NOT permitted to check your grammar or make any comments about the content of what you have dictated.
- To take your exam at a time later than the time that you have scheduled with us REQUIRES your instructor's permission. Please note that if you do not take the exam at the time/date that you schedule, we may return the exam to your professor.