The faculty and staff at your Kent State University Regional campuses will make every effort to help you be successful at the University. You, however, also need to take an active role in your education and voice your concerns and questions so that they might be addressed by the SDS office and your professors. You will always be your own best advocate, but SDS is here to assist you in the process as needed.
By accepting responsibility as a partner in your education, you also must:
- Self-monitor your academic progress
- Meet university academic and specific program standards
- Provide each of your instructors each semester with your letter of accommodation so that they know how best to assist you
- Initiate your requests for accommodations in a reasonable time so that your accommodations can be in place in a timely manner
- Adhere to policies stated in the Student Digest of Rules and Regulations, including policies about student conduct
- Adhere to policies stated in the Student Handbook for regional campuses students with disabilities